Thursday, December 20, 2012

My New Favorite

I know that I am not the first person to talk about ChiaoGoo needles. Many people already tried them and fell in love with these sleek circular needles. I am a bit fussy, to say the least,  about my tools. I knit continental style and am pretty fast at it, so I need my needles to not be on a way of my flying stitches. That means: great points, flawless joint at the transition from needle to the cord, not coiling cord, and affordable. Too much to ask?
Well, at the market during the last Interweave Knit Lab I have met Amy Dzula, the owner of Mimi's Needle Basket. After chatting with her about this and that, I bought from her 3 sizes of ChiaoGoo needles to try. They looked like a perfect tool.
When I came home and started to knit, I confirmed to myself that these are the needles I want to use for my work. Here is the overview:

A perfect point


A flawless joint



The cord is not coiling


And the price is right


As a matter of fact, I am thinking of buying the interchangeable set of needles, so I can take it with me when I travel. 
If you are a fan of bamboo needles, they have them too. If you are a crocheter, they have crochet hooks as well. 

Check it out for yourself and let me know what do you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment