Friday, August 12, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: 60 Quick Baby Knits

Looking for a quick knitted baby gift? Do you know about the new book by Sixth&Spring Books called 60 Quick Baby Knits?


It is fabulous! This book is the second one in the series that features a specific Cascade Yarn. The first one is 60 Quick Knits. This time the yarn used throughout the book is Cascade 220 Superwash which is perfect for baby knits. It also offers tons of colors, so you can make the same project many times using different one every time. Here is a little tease for you.

I have to admit I have a thing for baby shoes. These booties by Angela Juergens are so adorable that I think I need to make them soon. I just need to find a recipient of my gift.

Criss-Cross Booties


Flower Stitch Booties


One of many blankets in the book is Log Cabin Afghan by Debbie O'Neill.


Garter Ridge Earflap Hat by Erssie Major


Absolutely delicious Lace-Edged Cardigan by Lorna Miser


A very manly Fisherman's Pullover by Lee Gant


And this charming Smocked Dress by Amy Polcyn


I feel that I want to show all projects, but it is not possible. You do want to get the patterns anyway, right? It is definitely worth it. The layout of the book is very nice. Each project gets a whole page photo and some of them even more. The charts, schematics, and illustrations are clear and easy to read. Soft cover has folded wings with important information on them and the end paper design is very clever. Most of all I love the photography and the cutest models.
This book will live a long life on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment