Thursday, July 21, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: LUXE KNITS the accessories

In my hands is another beautiful book by Laura Zukaite. Now she concentrates on accessories and names the book Luxe Knits the accessories. This is a companion to her first book Luxe Knits.


In her new book Laura takes us through the day offering 28 lovely accessories appropriate for the morning, day, evening, and the night. Among them are scarves, wristlets, hats, bracelets, purses, leg warmers, belts. There is even a pair of earrings and a necklace.
The photography by Cathrine Westergaard is exquisite. The layout of the book is very similar to the first book in the series. It is dynamic and very chic. I love Laura's painted sketches verse photographs. A very nice touch.

The yarns used in this book are from ArtYarns, Blue Sky Alpacas, Claudia Hand Painted Yarns among others, so you know that it is luxury. In her introduction Laura says: "I've always found accessories to be powerful pieces... We like memorable little statement pieces to decorate our lives, so we accessorize to complete our looks..."


I had such a hard time to choose projects from this book. I think these are my favorite ones.






































Laura Zukaite was recently in the news of our knitting world. Her winning mohair dress was a talk of the town. Designers had a competition at the Vogue Life and Laura won. Here is her dress. (The dress is not included in this book.)
Stay tuned for the announcement coming up. You might like it.
P.S. on July 22: I posted the announcement here. Please read carefully and follow the given instructions.

16 comments:

  1. The dress at the picture is amazing! I'd love to enter the draw!

    craftink on Raverly
    sophia.komniou at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this book looks so adorable! I followed your note on ravelry, just curious, and now I think I really HAVE to have this book. Good luck to myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. These projects seem like they would make the pleasure of working with such beautiful yarns within my budget because there are many smaller projects. I love the translucent, silver cabled cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I covet all these items... whether to knit for myself or just to gaze and pet, it's hard to say. Maybe a combination of both.

    I liked all the projects in Laura's original book, but at the time their creation was beyond my skill. I should really go and peruse them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous collection! I'd love to win to expand my knitting horizons. Have always wanted to make accessories like these for myself and as gifts. Thanks so much for having the giveaway!

    EllenRonnie on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow the book looks super! i almost died when i first saw that mohair dress on the vogue knitting site..so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks very intriguing. I already see several projects that I would be interested in making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mohair dress is really beautiful. I'd love to make the cabled caplet to ward off the winter chill in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that dress is beautiful. I'd love to be entered.

    laura at littlekahootz dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review. I think I need that handbag.

    Acipenser on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have admired the mohair dress, inspired by frosted glass (see the current issue of Vogue Knitting), since I first saw it at Vogue Knitting LIVE in NYC, January 2010!
    Please put me in the drawing for Laura's new book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOuld love to win! That dress is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura's designs are so gorgeous! I can't wait to see this book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura is a brilliant designer. This book looks fabulous. I would love to be in your drawing! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Laura Zukaite's designs. Her accessories book would be a great addition to my knitting library

    ReplyDelete