Thursday, November 11, 2010

TOE-UP 2-at-a TIME SOCKS



For every sock knitter in the world making a second sock is not as exciting as making the first one. Some even wait awhile before working on the second sock. For me it was always a worry that they come out the same in size especially the height on the leg part. I also never tried to make socks from a toe up. If you share my sentiments, we do not have to worry about this anymore. The new book called Toe-Up 2-at-a Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes is the cure for both of these problems. This is Melissa's second book. The first one 2-at-a-Time Socks was a success, so I was not surprised that I liked her new book.
In this book Melissa is teaching us how to make 2 socks at the same time and she starts them from a toe. There are some very helpful hints and explanations on a step-by-step procedure, so if you even never made a sock, this book will take you through the motions. There is a whole chapter on that topic. I loved the Sock Anatomy where Melissa related the proportions of an average sock. It is very helpful if you want to design your own sock.There is also a chapter with 15 patterns, so you can follow instructions for a particular sock.
I always appreciate many helpful photographs and charts that go along with explanations. The layout of the book is very friendly and easy to navigate. It's a keeper for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment